Friday, July 11, 2008

It's summer. I'm travelling a lot. And the market is dull.

So, in a nutshell, that's why I've been a bit scarce lately. I'm sorry y'all! But the weather is amazing and you should get up away from your computer and visit the beach or something. Sellers are still in deep denial and I figure the real stories are coming in the fall anyway. So I've been filling up a bit of the hours that I normally while away on the MLS at this fabulous little blog: THE BRICK HOUSE (It's mighty mighty!) It's all about "fixing up a 1950's mid century cement brick house. Trying to make it awesome and do it on a tight budget."

Here's a sample DIY project (before is on the left and after is on the right):



Not too shabby for a thrift store find.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. Took a look and got a big laugh. Sent the link on to my daughter who lives in 191* house in Portland Or.
The furniture looks a lot like the hand me downs that funish our place here in Palo Alto. We have the pink and gray tile bath also. I call our place a 1950s Palo Alto Rancher Museum.
At $1000 a sq ft it should be called a gold mine.

Anonymous said...

So, the dog was removed...right?

:)

Tyrone said...

Ok, Kate, lets see, you posted that on Friday at 10:44AM.

Fannie, Freddie, IndyMac--dull? I don't think so. :)

Kate said...

A few responses:

(1) $1000/sq.ft.? Holy crap. But I do love me some Palo Alto.

(2) Erm. Yes. The dog was removed from the chair. And also the skirt? I think?

(3)Fannie & Freddie are not dull. It's true. But those stories are so well covered there's little left for little ole me on this here little ole blog. And, watch out! WaMu could be next.

Cheers!