Monday, May 12, 2008

30-Day Change that'll make you choke.


The dark blue line is for the 10 bedroom, 12 bathroom, 21,523 sq.ft. house palace at 750 Bel Air Road. The light blue line is for zip code 90077. Umm. Yeah. They lost nearly $2.5M last month. But whatever. I mean, you could've bought this place for that much back in 2003. And you gotta love that the Zestimate has a $10M spread. That just cracks me up. Because, you know, I work for a living.
Check out the photos. I'm pretty sure that structure on the right side of the gate is the gaurd's house. You have a live-in guard, right? And he needs a 2,000 sq. ft. house, right?


Check out the purple bedroom. It certainly is .... purple. Why do super rich people decorate like this? Do they all have the same decorator who can't think of any new ideas? Also, I think all those dressers are silver leafed. I don't get the "bed on a stage" look myself. But you know. I guess somebody does.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, too, have pondered the disaster that is super rich decorating. I always wonder if there is somewhere else in the house where they REALLY live....perhaps in the guardhouse?

Tyrone said...

From the front, it looks a bit like the Beverly Hillbillies mansion. I'm sure this one has a 'cement pond', right?

Here's a house for ya'. This was spread in an e-mail that said it belonged to Tiger Woods. I just found it online and discovered it's a rental on Maui.

The Golden Conch

You'll love this: I'm heading back to Kauai on Thursday, 2nd time in less than 3 weeks. Then I go back in June for 10 days. All for work. Ohhhhhh... life is sooooo rough. Forcing me to stay at the lowly Sheraton Kauai for work. Maybe I'll slum it at the Kiahuna Plantation in June. BWAHAHAHA

Anonymous said...

I like the 10-year chart myself. It makes an almost perfect bubble. at one point this housse was valued at $25.3 million? And today...$16,738,000

That's a $10 million drop. Someone recently said that isn't throwing money away, it's burning it.

Anonymous said...

It IS the Beverly Hillbillies house. Literally. That's where they shot the opening title sequence for the show.

Anonymous said...

It is the Beverly Hillbillies house. See 30 seconds into this Youtube vid. Same window above the front door, same big shrubs in front yard, same front steps/flower pots. Not in the show's opening shot, but it is the house.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IylsVxyxaw

Anonymous said...

honey, if anyone is looking this far back in your may 5 archives, this house is known as the Kirkeby Estate, and was used for exterior shots of "The Beverly Hillbillies".