Tuesday, April 22, 2008

ROAD TRIP! (May 5 leaves the Valley for a minute).

Once upon at time, I lived in a land far far away. Well, it was pretty much a straight shot down the coast. Okay, it was San Diego. Anyhoodle, once in a while I peruse San Diego listings just to see how the market is down there. And guess what? It's a lot like here. Uh-huh. I'll show you.

Here's a little listing from the Mission Hills neighborhood. Trust me, it's a lovely part of town! Close to downtown, close to the beach, no tract housing... there's not really a comparable neighborhood here in L.A. but maybe Brentwood near Wilshire is as close as you can get. So what do you think a 900 sq. ft. 1+1 on a small lot would go for? Checkitout:


1736 WEST MONTECITO WAY, SD - Mission Hills, CA 92103
MLS #: 086008711





Bedrooms: 1
Full Baths: 1
Square Feet: 952
Lot Size: 4,356 Sq. Ft.
Year Built: 1925
Listing Date: 02/02/08
On Market: 80 days
List Price: $699,000
Last Sale: 01/13/99
Sales Price: $312,000

Sq.Ft. Stats:
Based on List Price: $734
Based on Zestimate™: $655
Based on Last Sale (1999): $327
Sold Homes: $360

It's a darling little house. But $700+ per square foot? When their market peaked back in '05? It'll be interesting to see if this house can move.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha. I know this house too. I track Mission Hills because my wife grew up in San Diego and we tool around with moving there for lower housing costs and better schools.

Here's one I like there: http://www.sdlookup.com/MLS-086007473-4268_Ibis_San_Diego_CA_92103

It's a fixer (aborted flip?) and 700k, but I think there's a NOD on it too. Who knows what it goes for.

Laura in L.A. said...

Super cute, Kate. But ONE bedroom?!?! For almost three-quarters of a MILLION dollars?!

Yikes. Keep us posted!

Kate said...

Dear Anon:

Oh my! That is a good listing. I would've lost my damn mind over it back when I was living in San Diego. You are a good hunter!