Thursday, March 27, 2008

MLS Photo(s) of the Day

So, as I was perusing the MLS today, I came across this odd kitchen photo. You might not see the odd part right away. But focus on the counter lighting.




Yeah. Those are banker's desk lamps scattered around all the counters. How weird is that? Why would you put $16 lamps from Office Depot all over the kitchen in your $1.3M house? Seriously.

Then, this next photo from the same listing captured my interest. Do 'art' photos sell houses? Every once in a while you see a listing with a random close up of a magnolia or a rose with dew drops on it. Or maybe a little Buddha sitting in the yard. This one is particularly creepy though. It's like 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil' or something.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

A decoratah with an expensive camerah.

Anonymous said...

I've actually viewed this house. It's an odd house, lots of rooms filled with tons of stuff and quaint details. It feels like an older house you would find on the east coast. I think they're trying to emphasize that detail quality because the house is rather dark and cramped and so its tough to pick what to highlight.

ProblemWithCaring said...

in the MLS photo of the day, i wish you would tell us the asking price.

adds nicely to the level of snark...

Anonymous said...

Kate, I love your Office Depot comment. Very funny. I checked, and O.D. sells the lights for $15.99 each. Perfect accessory for when the bankers come to repo the house. Make them feel at home.

kate said...

Problem:

I did mention in passing that it's listed for about $1.3M -- but I will highlight listing facts more moving forward. Your wish is my command!

Anon @ 5:55 pm:

Ha! I didn't realize those lamps were THAT cheap. I figured they were closer to $25. I updated the post with a link. Thanks for the details!

Tyrone said...

Faux élégance!

l.a.guy said...

I thought that kitchen looked familiar... I've been to this house too.

I think this is going to be a tough house to sale, especially at the current price. Too me the kitchen has too many cabinets and the whole house feels a little cramped and disjointed. I think the biggest problem (or "challenge" in realtor's parlance) is that the house is sited in such a way that most of the property is in the front of the house and the backyard, aside from having a modest view, has nothing to recommend it. The agent will earn his money on this one if he can find a buyer.

Anonymous said...

I purchased mine at Walgreens for $8

Anonymous said...

Off the subject, but check this out:
http://www.redfin.com/stingray/do/printable-listing?listing-id=1538358

1100 square feet? Do you think the price is listed wrong? Either that or they'd better put down the crack pipe, as you say.