Friday, October 05, 2007

Hi, Sugar!

So how've you been? Gosh, seems like it's been forever since we talked. But, you know... I mentioned the whole new job thing? Yeah, well, it turns out that there is actual working involved. Which really really cuts into my whole blogging gig. Like bad. I guess what I'm trying to say here is: we need to talk.

I know that every single day you want to know what houses have been reduced and which Realtors are calling me to conspire about crime and I really want to tell you. I do! But I just can't keep meeting you here everyday. I'm really sad about this but I hope you believe me when I say: it's not you, it's me.

Don't leave angry. Hey! Don't act like you've played no part in this. I know you've been reading other blogs. I didn't want to say anything but how could you think I wouldn't notice all those comments you leave around for me to find? Do you think I'm blind? That I can't read? When you cut me do I not bleed?!

Dammit. I promised myself it wouldn't come to this. Let's not place blame. Okay? I still hope we can see each other on weekends and maybe a couple of times a week. We just need to take a little bit of space. I think it'll be good for us. And when we are together, it won't be like before, it'll be Quality Time.

Come here. Let's hug it out.

8 comments:

hurt@laland said...

This really hurts. Not just that you're so "busy" now with your big important new job. That's bad enough. But I guess you're too "busy" to even tell me these things in person, or at least by email. I've been hitting the "get mail" button on my Mac all day, checking my mailbox again and again, waiting to hear from you. I was worried *sick* about you. I thought maybe you got in an accident or something. Now this.

Dr. JwB said...

It's not me, it's you.

:-)

Kate said...

Dear Hurt:

It's true that I've missed our last couple of dates over at LA Land -- but that doesn't mean anything! In fact, I'm getting ready for next week right now. I am! I promise.

Dr. J:

Are you even a real doctor? I feel like our whole relationship has been a fiction.

Westside Bubble said...

Missed you, Kate, but believe me, I understand.

l.a. guy said...

Reminds me of the Adam Corolla line:

It's not you, it's me... I don't like you anymore.

Sorry to read you won't be posting as often. As a resident of Sherman Oaks I always looked forward to reading about the hood.

Allisone said...

Kate, you are cracking me up!
Of course, even though I read all your posts (starting before you started the housing focus) I'm really just a voyer. A home owner living on the other side side of the country still finds your blog entertaining and informative.

Ghenghy said...

I'm crushed! I've never been dumped in cyberspace before, however will I cope?

Ah well, it was good while it lasted. Good luck with the new job.

Kate said...

WB:

You're the best.

L.A. Guy:

I still like you! I'm just not IN like with you.

Allisone:

Erm. You may need a hobby. :-) Reading about insane real estate three thousand miles away cannot be that interesting!

ghenghy:

It's not over over. We just need to take things a bit more slowly. If we're really in this for the long haul, there's no rush. You know, if it's meant to be, it's meant to be.