Thursday, September 13, 2007

Well, what do we have here? (On Laurelgrove)

4523 LAURELGROVE, Studio City, CA 91604
(MLS # F1715573)


Bedrooms: 3
Baths: 2
Square Feet: 1,744
Lot Size: 6,750 Sq. Ft.
Year Built: 1941
Listing Date: 05/19/07
On Market: 117 days
Status: INACTIVE
Price Reduced: 07/10/07 -- $995k to $950k
Price Reduced: 08/14/07 -- $950k to $899k
Price Increased: 08/25/07 -- $899k to $920k

So let me get this straight... this house sits on the market for three months with no sale. It gets reduced by 9.65%. Then, out of nowhere, it gets marked UP $21k and that magically causes it to go inactive. I don't know about you, but when I find out I can pay an extra $21k for a house... well! That's an offer I can't pass up. N'est pas? Can't wait for the details to show up on PropertyShark.

Update: According to Reader Ace, this house is off market without a sale and is currently a rental (see comment section).

4 comments:

Ace said...

This is another story where the homeowner wanted to sell if he/she could get a good price. They are not motivated.

The property is currently rented and they have a listing on Craigslist looking for a new tennant.

It looks like the owner is going to just sit on it for a while.

It looks like a great house and is in a really nice neighborhood.

Kate said...

Ace, you rock! Thanks for the details!

So the house is off market and just being rented out, eh? That's very interesting.

It is a nice neighborhood. Think about how great it will be when it is affordable. Btw, I suspect that one day in the coming year or so, we will be bidding against each other on the exact same house. :-) Oh what am I saying, bidding wars should become a distant memory any day now.

Ace said...

I am not bidding with you. I am going to wait until you buy, buy the house next to you and build the biggest McMansion you have ever seen!

My house will tower over yours so high that you will have to call me to find out if it is day or night! :)

Kate said...

Ace:

Also, you are insane.

:-P