Friday, September 07, 2007

Thanks Richard!

UPDATE: These numbers are from the SoCal MLS and vary dramatically from those reported at Melissa Data which are drawn from the County Recorder's Office. I believe the SoCal MLS numbers reflect all homes off market after a purchase offer is accepted (e.g. do not reflect canceled sales) whereas Melissa Data only shows closed sales. Feel free to offer more insight in the comment section. Thanks!

These stats are for the month of August and were compiled and presented by Richard Johnson of RE/MAX OTB Estates (OTB = On The Boulevard for those of you who live outside this majestic Valley). You can reach him at: 818-730-4128.

He reports that: "The four highest selling cities are: Studio City, Sherman Oaks, Toluca lake & Encino. The worst selling city is Van Nuys." No shocker there, but Burbank is doing better than I suspected. Maybe because there were some pretty dramatic decreases in Magnolia Park.

Also, Richard built this cool site that makes it easy to search for foreclosed properties. Check it out.

And, in case you are wondering, I have never ever met Richard he just sent me some emails with his stuff. If you're a Realtor too, and want me to look at your sites or widgets, feel free to email me at the address on the bottom of this page. But, be warned, I won't post something just because you send it in and it's possible that I will post an unfavorable review.

No comments: