Saturday, September 01, 2007

Oh, Honey, huh uh. Not gonna happen.

13566 CONTOUR DRIVE, Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
(F1732137)



This is a pretty cute little 1,500 sq. ft. house. Zestimate $722,194

Guess what the list price is? Seriously. You'll never guess, so I'll just tell you: $1.16M. SNARF! Did you just spit Diet Coke out your nose? Did you? I mean, come on! They just bought this house for $845k in February.

Update: I am just back from the open house. There really aren't any views unless you think the houses on the other side of Contour Drive are a view. The current owners did not increase the square footage. They did not replace the roof. They did not replace the windows. So, what did they do? As far as I can tell, they did a whole lot of painting interior and exterior. The kitchen and baths seem to have fresh tile. The baths, by the way, are very small inexpensive looking tubs -- nothing fancy at all. As far as I could tell, they did little more than decorate the hell out of this house. And now they want $400k for their efforts.

There's a house right across the damn street for only $950k $895k and it's 2,300 sq. ft.!

It's possible a sucker will come along and pay all cash for that little house. But that's the only way this house will sell because I highly doubt it will appraise for list. I'm not even sure it would appraise at $845k in today's market. Can't wait to see how this one turns out.

7 comments:

Tyrone said...

Please pass the kool-aid.

Kate said...

Seriously.

Anonymous said...

These prices are going to have to come down because even if someone were ill advised enough to offer it, no appraisal would support it. (Unless of course they want to put 50% down or pay cash)

The Angry Angeleno said...

OK, this is just generic ass-kissing: I LOVE your blog. Keep at it, and thank you!

Kate said...

Dear Angry:

Thanks so much but if you keep lavishing such praise, people will totally think I'm writing these comments myself!

ProblemWithCaring said...

"There's a house right across the damn street for only $950k!"

Thats what made me laugh and spit coke outta my nose. Hilarious!

Girl, you sound like me now - Be careful...lol....

Kate said...

Anon:

You saw that Paris Hilton's house didn't appraise but sold anyway, right?

Of course, you have to have the cash if you're going to accept a low appraisal.