Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Likely to move.

Most of my posts are about ridiculous listings that I don't think will move. So, in fairness, I feel like I should feature a house that is likely to move quickly:

5115 WILKINSON AVENUE, Valley Village, CA 91607
(MLS # F1733703)


Bedrooms: 2
Full Baths: 1
Partial Baths: 0
Square Feet: 1,198
Lot Size: 7,349 Sq. Ft.
Year Built: 1947
Listing Date: 09/05/07
List Price: $665k
Zestimate $616,254

Why do I think it will move fast? First off, it's pretty cheap so there are more buyers who can afford it. Sure, it's a smaller house but it's on a nice sized lot. Despite the fact that it needs updating, the house appears to be well maintained (notice the new garage door) and if you go to the listing you'll see it has original wood floors that seem to be in good condition. People go nuts for original wood floors. It also has some curb appeal, a nice long covered front porch, and mature trees.

The only drawback, in my opinion, is that it's a bit close to a busy intersection (Whitsett and Magnolia) and Wilkinson is a through street. I don't think that matters to lots of people so it shouldn't affect the days on market much.

A few months ago, they'd have received offers by now so let's see how long it takes this little house to go inactive.

No comments: