Thursday, August 30, 2007

Wow. This is The Suck.

4253 COSTELLO AVENUE, Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
(F1731125)


This house looks not so bad from the curb. But that's only because you don't know this 2 bed/1 bath house is 798 sq.ft. and listed for $699k (that's $875 sq. ft. for those of you keeping track at home). Zestimate $585,891. It's starting to look worse, eh? Let's look at the MLS description:

"Lowest price for just south of ventura blvd, [sic] sherman oaks [sic]."

Yeah. Maybe because it's the smallest crappiest house South of Ventura? Is that why? But let's read on:

"Some upgrades included, updated tile in kitchen, bath, windows, possibly copper plumbing,"

First off, "possibly copper plumbing"? Why not just write "possibly treasure chest buried in yard." Anyhoo, let's take a look at that updated tile in the kitchen and bath.



Yeah. I'm sure the new owner will be keeping that. Let's go back to the description:

"...otherwise a fixer, sold in it's present, as is conidtion[sic]."

Hahahaha! "Otherwise" a fixer! So the kitchen, bath, and "possibly" copper plumbing are fine? Well, whatever, let's see the rest of it.



I presume this photo is to illustrate that it needs some paint.

And this photo shows that it the hardwood floors cannot, in fact, be restored because they have been replaced with press board.

My point here has nothing to do with the prior owner; people hit hard times; homes fall into disrepair. I get it. This is about the listing agent. The description should read: "Sold for lot value only." Not to mention, it should be priced accordingly. I wonder if somebody will take out a 9.75% jumbo loan to buy this?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

When are people going to wake up and realize that a turd, no matter were it is, is but a turd?

I think the market has a long way to go to see the bottom.

Lazy Eric

Kate said...

LE:

You are not alone in that theory.

I just don't see anybody with a $200k to $300k income wanting this property.

Anonymous said...

"the suck"? Seriously, who writes like that? Please don't try to be too cool for your readers. We like you just the way you are.

Kate said...

Anon:

You're age is showing! The Suck has not been cool for quite some time.

I just happen to think it's funny when over-the-hill broads like me whip out passe phrases.

Yo.

Ace said...

Haha... you got me with 'possibly treasure chest buried in yard'.

I think that I am going to use that one at my next open house. Seriously, I am dying out here!

Any chance that there is gold or oil under ground in Sherman Oaks?

Tracey said...

I'll have to check this one out on MLS tomorrow. What agent has time for this nonsense?

alex the sea turtle said...

I agree with Ace. The possible treasure chest had me chuckling out loud.

Also I think the The Suck is a pretty good description. Aside from that depending on the lot size and exact location the price might be correct. But it really should be described as a total fixer or tear down.

Kate said...

Tracey:

Fixers typically fly off the market in this neighborhood and I guess that's what the agent is counting on. But in these uncertain times, it'll be very interesting to see what happens to this little house.

Alex:

It's a bigger lot: 7,000ish. But it is only one lot away from Ventura. A few months ago I think it would have moved at that price, but today I'm not so sure.

Anonymous said...

I've just seen it. The property is match less ... the buyer will need a cigarette lighter to burn it down.