Friday, July 13, 2007

What are you saying? (Y2/M3/D13)

There are some MLS photos where I have no idea what the agent is trying to communicate to buyers. They have no caption, no explanation. Just an odd photo. Por exemplar:


What do you think this photo communicates?

"THIS HOUSE COMES WITH A FLOOR!" or

"THERE ARE AT LEAST TWO WALLS PAINTED SAGE GREEN!"

Here's another head-scratcher:


"THIS HOUSE HAS A HALLWAY! IT IS LONG. AND BEIGE."

But sometimes there is a caption explaining the photo. And you are not going to believe the actual caption for this one:

I swear to god, the actual caption for this photo reads: "Side English Garden."

Because nothing says "English Garden" like a Yucca tree and a cinder block wall.

4 comments:

Jim said...

I'm not sure, but I think that if you look closely at that second picture, you'll see "REDRUM" scrawled across it in what **might** be red ink.

Or not.

Love the blog.

ghenghy said...

I was thinking the same thing about a listing I looked at recently. There were no pictures of the kitchen, bedrooms, or bathrooms. They did manage to include an up close picture of a tree with some fruit on it. Apparently a fruit tree is the real selling point of a house, who cares about a kitchen anyway?

Kate said...

Totally. I don't care if this house has plumbing! I have got to have those oranges!

The no-kitchen and no-bath photo is always a red flag when the property is not advertised as a fixer.

And Jim: Stop it! You're scaring the children.

Matthew said...

Are we in Joshua Tree? Are we in London? I can't tell!