Friday, February 23, 2007

My "new house"! (Y1/M10/D23)

So my agent called and said: "I'm standing in your new house! You have to leave work and come see it right away!"

"Where is it?" I asked.

"Right near that one we saw last week..."

"Oh. I know what one you are talking about. It's lovely. But I think it's about $75k overpriced. Zillow estimates it at $654, which is admittedly low but it's not $150k off. No two-bedrooms are selling in the low eights over there."

"So you're not coming?"

"No, it'll be open this weekend."

"It'll be gone!"

"Well, let's bet on it. I think it will sit on the market for two or three months."

Then I read this article. And I just can't help but think that the real deals are coming next winter. When you'll actually have to have a down payment and proof of income to buy a freaking house and the universe returns to normal a bit.

UPDATE: "My new house" link above is fixed. Also, agent wrong. House did not sell this weekend. Indeed, there were no offers at all.

No comments: