Thursday, February 08, 2007

Stinky Studio City House (Y1/M10/D8)

As mentioned below, this house is in a fairly desirable part of Los Angeles. It was once priced at just under one million dollars but, after 200+ days on the market, it is listed at $750k. (For those of you keeping score at home, that's more than a $200k reduction). Do you want to know what is wrong with this lovely home? Okay, I'll tell you.

(1) The smell of dog urine literally choked me. Inside AND outside of the home.
(2) That room over the garage is an addition. And it is starting to sink. So badly that if you stand where the addition was joined to the house you can look down through a 2 centimeter crack in the floor and you can see straight down into the garage. Further, if you put a marble on this floor, there is no way it would lay still until it slammed up against the far wall. There's a serious tilt to the floor.
(3) Did I mention the dog urine?
(4) The bathrooms are covered in a black/rust/green marble, the likes of which I have never seen or imagined.
(5) I'm not sure I mentioned the strong smell of urine.

Needless to say, we are still looking. And if the home owners stumble across this and are offended by my dog-urine comments... oh, what am I saying? These people clearly do not find anything about dog urine offensive.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Dog urine? Why wouldn't an agent mention it?

Kate said...

His agent didn't mention it and I presume that was so we would still come to see the house. My agent mentioned it once we were there. In fact, I think she actually pinched her nose and said: "pee-yoo!" Heh.