Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Another update on 2nd House (Y1/M10/D7)

Well, these sellers had two offers (ours and another). It looks like they let them both expire. Okay, there's 30 minutes left on my offer but I feel safe in counting this one over. They've only been on the market a few days, so it's no surprise that they weren't ready to accept a loss at this juncture. It's a pity because we were only about 3% apart. Once it goes in escrow I'll post some photos.

I'm off to look at a home south of the boulevard in Studio City. For those of you who don't know Los Angeles, that's like the Bel Air of the Valley. It's about a $100k more than what we've been looking at, but $200k less than the surrounding homes so still a good value. Here's the weird thing, it's been on the market for 250+ days. Part of that is due to the fact that the original list price was $200k higher. (Somebody was smoking some crack, apparently). Then I guess it went into escrow but fell out over a $20k repair job where the seller lost his mind and refused to cooperate in any way. And, you know, I love me the crazy sellers! So I'm gonna give it a look-see.

I'm definitely running out of steam though. I think I might just quit trying and rely on my agent to do all the leg work.

No comments: