Monday, October 02, 2006

DAY 146

This is Sid's favorite chew toy. I know it's her favorite because she hasn't peed on it.

House training is slow going. Don't get me wrong, she's a very smart dog. In four short days she's learned: (1) her name; (2) sit!; and (3) lay down. Not too shabby for a few days' work. But she still pees on the carpet whenever she thinks she can get away with it. I know what you're thinking: "well, only let her on the carpet AFTER she's peed." Yeah. We did that. She'll pee within one minute of peeing, if she feels so inspired. We've gone through... I dunno... a gallon of Nature's Miracle pet-stain-and-odor remover. I've also steam cleaned the entire carpet for good measure. I'm sure I'll do it again before the week is out.

She also hates her crate. I've heard people say that at some point in the crate-training phase their dog just starts loving the crate. "It's like her own little den ... blah blah blah," they say. Not Sid. She does not like the crate. She will eventually settle down and go to sleep but I can see that the crate will not be a permanent addition to the master suite. I honestly think she'd prefer to sleep alone in the kitchen. E insists that we continue with the crate.

On the upside, we had a visit from the plumber today and he informed us that (in his professional opinion) our puppy is incredibly well behaved. Woohoo! We've got one person fooled, Sid.

2 comments:

servehairwondepot said...

human hair extensions has many people like them,not only the human hair extensions,but also the micro ring loop hair extensions,and so on,what is your opioion?
http://www.wondepot.com

servehairwondepot said...

human hair extensions will be more and more popular in the future time since many people want to change their style frequently.

http://www.servehair.com