Tuesday, July 11, 2006

DAY 48

Whew. E's parents just left and I am wiped out. It sure feels good to stretch out on the couch.

Before seeing them off, we all went to Cynthia's for dinner. If you click on the link above, you'll see that the Citysearch reviewers are totally split on whether Cynthia's is good. It appears that some people have a really bad experience with the staff. I don't know what to make of this. E and I have been there several times and we always have top notch service.

For example, tonight, I ordered a yukon-gold potato ravioli with scallops and brown butter sage sause that was intended to be an appetizer. When the waiter was listing off the specials, all I said was: "oh, too bad that's not an entree" and the waiter told me it was no problem and the chef made an entree version for me. E ordered the fried chicken (for which Cynthia's is famous). Sure, it's $18 a plate but this is no ordinary fried chicken.

The four of us split Cynthia's famous berry cobbler a la mode but we couldn't finish it (not for lack of motivation, I assure you!). The cobbler is simply huge. And every morsel is amazing. Unfortunately, I failed to bring my camera so no picture of the fabulous berry cobbler a la mode for you. :-(

No comments: