Saturday, June 10, 2006

DAY 20

I don't want you to think it's all wine and roses here at Casa Pacifica (E decided to name our house "Case Pacifica" as he thinks everything ironic is positively genius). So here's a list of some things we've 'debated.'

(1) Dog Name
E wanted to name the dog (that we don't yet have, by the way, but he is really looking forward to it) he wanted to name the dog Ruprecht (as an homage to Dirty Rotten Scoundrels). Look, I thought it was a fine play (and film for that matter) I just don't see myself calling out: "Here Ruprecht! Come on, boy! Ruuuuuuuprecht!" I suggested some more dog-like names: Flash, Tiger, you know, that sort of thing. He wouldn't hear of it. We have finally settled on 'Bernie Nussbaum.' Yeah. Apparently, the dog'll be doing our taxes.

(2) House Chores
First let me say that E is faithful in taking out the trash. Of course, he wants to get a kitchen trash container that is the size of a city dumpster so it will fill up less frequently and, personally, I don't want a dumpster in my house let alone in my kitchen. In additon, he makes the bed about once a week. He considers this to be a fair share of the chores. There are 1,700 square feet of flooring alone to be cleaned in this place and he thinks taking out the trash and occasionally making the bed is a fair share. I refuse to believe he is that bad at math.

(3) Linens
I love me the one-million thread count per-square-inch sheets. I cannot tolerate that Pima cotton (which I am pretty sure is code for "brillo"). E agrees that the million thread count is nice, but nevertheless wants to keep his old sheets as, and I quote: "back ups." For the record, the patterns printed on his sheets were last manufactured circa 1973. They are made of a fabric that I heretorfore have only seen used to make tarps. But get this: they are for a twin bed. Yup. He doesn't even own a twin bed. That's when it came out -- and this is too rich -- that one of his former roommates (he hasn't had a roommate for over ten years!) was going to throw them out so E snatched them up! Oh sweet translucent Jesus. I just know he is going to turn our garage into a bomb shelter and start hording bits of string any day now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through a Technorati search on real estate info. I became intrigued and went back to start at the first May 5th. There's an hour of my life I'll never get back! And for that I say thank you! (I almost laughed aloud at work.)

Kate said...

I will not rest until you actually laugh out loud at work.

Sorry about that lost hour, btw.