Tuesday, May 30, 2006

DAY 8



I was very busy today hooking up the new Linksys wireless router. I am pleased to report that it only took one phone call to India (due to an incompatibility with Windows XP) to complete. Anyway, due to said busy-ness I was unable to cook and Our Subject really wanted chicken. The best chicken in the greater Sherman Oaks area is available at Koo Koo Roo.

In the course of securing said chicken, however, I discovered that the Koo Koo Roo on Magnolia and Woodman no longer exists. I know because I called to inquire about their hours and kept getting this woman who was EXTREMELY displeased that her number was listed on google under "Koo Koo Roo, Sherman Oaks, CA." Anyway, I ended up calling Koo Koo Roo in Studio City instead and while on the phone with a very helpful employee I asked about the Magnolia location. The girl on the phone informed me that the Ventura Boulevard location is the only location in the Sherman Oaks vicinity. For whatever reason, Our Subject suddenly developed bionic hearing and vociferously barked in my ear: "Congratulations!"

I suppose he thought it was the pinnacle of hilarity to congratulate the girl on the phone for working at the last standing Koo Koo Roo, but it was just irksome to me (and my now ruptured ear drum). So I told him how irksome his barking was and he shrugged. Which irked me further. Which caused more shrugging. In fact, I was so irked that I breifly considered calling off the whole Sherman Oaks Experiment and letting him fend for himself in Brentwood -- but then I realized that is EXACTLY what he wants. He nearly tricked me; he is very crafty indeed.

No comments: