Wednesday, May 31, 2006

DAY 10



The struggle with Adelphia continues. They are scheduled to arrive tomorrow to personally inspect their shoddy product. In an effort to cheer up Our Subject I grilled a couple of bacon-wrapped filets and baked up some potatoes and tossed back a few Corona with him. Want the recipe? Okay, here it is:

Go to Costco and buy 6 bacon wrapped filet for $12 (no kidding!)
Thaw the filet... oh this is where it gets tricky.

So, as you know Gentle Readers (and I mean BOTH of you), I have a day job because this little anthropolical experiment only pays in experience -- you know, like an internship. Anyhoo, said day job means that I cannot be at home preparing meals for Our Subject during the week. He needs to help out if he wants to be fed. So I called him and asked him to thaw out the steaks. And what did he do? Are you sitting down, Gentle Readers? He freaking unwrapped them and put them on a plate in the fridge totally uncovered. So, yeah, they got a wee bit dried out. But I'm pleased to report they were still mighty tasty. You couldn't REALLY tell (unless you knew, which I did). So, back to the recipe...

Fire up the coals
Put the steaks on the grill and sprinkle with Lowry's Season Salt
Put on plates and Voila!

Our Subject's evening appeared to be off to a good start but I've come to know that it just can't last. Sure enough, circa 4 a.m. one of the gazillion smoke alarms in our house began emitting ear-piercing chirps. Five short bursts and then a period of silence. So the first time we ignored it. The second time we got up and looked around but it had stopped chirping so we couldn't tell which one it was -- they all had green lights. The third time Our Subject dashed about in an effort to locate the chirper while still chirping. I am happy to report that he identified the offending unit, ripped it off the wall, and now it's worthless carcass lays in the hall next to the linen closet. I bet it's sorry now.

No comments: